Monday, March 20, 2006

Forgiveness

How do you forgive? What if it's impossible for you to do so? How do you go on with your life?

Forgiveness does not come easily for me. I know it's important to forgive so that you can on with your life, but it's something that I've had difficulty with. I know that I can say to myself that I forgive my mother, but yet I still hold that anger in me. I can't get rid of it. Most of the time I don't think of her at all but every once in a while she creeps in and settles down.

I know that I shouldn't judge, but I find myself doing that with her. I think she's a horrible person with no idea of how much she's hurt me or my siblings (all for different reasons). She hides behind the catholic church and it's so hypocritical of her.

She has no compassion and is incapable of showing love. It's really pathetic and any attempts from my sisters in trying to reach her have failed. She is a mystery. She will not talk about what trauma occurred to her when she was a child. She doesn't realize that that incident(s) made her what she is today. It's a secret that will die with her.

No comments: