- E-mail your contacts or clients and let them know you're available for freelance assignments
- Talk to your friend or neighbors about what you do. Maybe they know of someone who needs your services.
- Join a professional organization related to your career or expertise
- Join a professional network group such as www.LinkedIn.com. You can expand your list of contacts by someone including you in their network.
- Write in your own blog and find people to read and add comments to your blog. Add your blog address to your signature line in all your e-mails.
- Exchange business cards whenever possible, especially at seminars, workshops, or conferences
- Go to www.google.com and type your area of interest to find an organization or others with a similar interest
- Join an online discussion group. Try http://www.yahoogroups.com.
- Tell your contacts or clients to recommend your services to others.
Now all I need to do is follow my own advice! Actually, I've done a few of these. What about you?